HOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES
The short version: You will receive an email confirming your order. Next to the file name is a download link for that file. Click it and download the file from that page.
The long version:
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR BROWSER. ZIP FILES CAN HAVE DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS DUE TO A KNOWN ISSUE CAUSED BY some MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSERS.
- Login to your account using the link at top of the page. Enter the email address and password that you used to create your order.
- Once you are logged in you will see the My Account page and number of links that will allow you to manage your account in the center of the page.
- Click on the Completed Orders link.
- In the centre of the page you will see your orders and the files that you currently have active. Next to the name of the file is a link to download it. Click on a link to take you to the download page for that file. On your download page for that pattern it will tell you how many downloads of that file you have left and how long you have before that download expires. Each file may be downloaded 10 times, and will stay active for 2 years from date of purchase.
- Once you have selected your download a number of things may happen:
- If you are on a Mac using Safari your download will begin automatically and you will find your pattern folder unzipped in your downloads folder.
- If you are on Windows using Internet Explorer 9 a bar will appear on the bottom of your screen asking if you want to save or open the file - select SAVE.
- If you are on Windows using Firefox a window will open - by default it will have the "Open with Windows Explorer" option selected. CHANGE THIS to "Save File" and hit "OK".
- If you are on a Mac using Firefox a window will open - by default it will have the "Save File" option selected. Check to make sure it does and then click "OK".
- Depending on your browser you may have another step here:
- On older browsers it will ask you where you want to save the file. Save the file to a known destination, such as a folder that you have created on your computer specifically for digital downloads. In any case make sure you know the location on your computer where you are saving the file so that you can find it again after the download.
- On newer browsers it will automatically download your files to a 'Downloads" folder. If you don't know where your downloads folder is on your computer do a "Search" to find it.
- Now that the file is located on your computer it will need to be unzipped before you can use any of the files. Most computers will have a built in means to unzip the download file, usually it is simply a matter of double clicking the file to automatically unzip it. Be sure to unzip it to the same location that you saved the original download, so that you can find it. If you are on a Mac your just need to double left click the folder to unzip it. For Windows users with newer machines it should be the same. If you are using an older Windows machine you may have to install software to unzip your folders. Do a Google search to find a program to unzip (I use Stuffit and it comes in versions for both Windows and Mac).
- Now you will have a folder with 11 or 12 files in it.
- Open the Copyright file and read it.
- Now open the README file and read it. This will help you to determine which file you need to copy to your flash stick to put on your quilting system.
- You should always make a backup copy of your downloaded pattern files and keep it in a separate location off of your computer in case of a hard drive failure. An extra USB stick works well for this. : )